Marriages & Civil Unions
The Municipal Court Judges will perform marriage and civil union ceremonies. These ceremonies are performed in the morning on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays during court recesses.
(Please note we are closed on all legal holidays).
- You must make an appointment in advance. You can come to our window during business hours or telephone us at: 732-634-4500, ext. 2700 or ext. 2720.
- You must obtain your marriage/civil union license from a Municipal Registrar of Vital Statistics in accordance with the law. The Municipal Registrar is located in the Municipal Clerk's Office. The Woodbridge Township Municipal Clerk's Office charges a fee for marriage/civil union ceremonies regardless of what town your license is obtained from. For further information regarding this you may contact the Municipal Clerk's Office at 732-602-6007. (Resident - $100/Non-Resident - $150 - cash only).
- The bride, groom and 2 witnesses must report at the Municipal Clerk's window at 10:30 a.m. Once you are finished there you must report to the Municipal Court window with your marriage/civil union license and paid receipt for the above-mentioned fee.
- Please bear in mind that court will most likely be in session when you arrive, therefore, you should expect to wait until the Judge is free to perform the ceremony.
- Due to the size of the Judges' chambers, you can bring no more than 8 people with you. Bringing more than 8 people will result in the Judge performing your ceremony in the Court room, meaning, you will have to wait until the court room is empty (after court has recessed for the day - sometimes as late as 3 p.m.).
- Please note that the throwing of rice, confetti, etc. is strictly prohibited both inside and outside of Town Hall for safety reasons.